Northern Lights in Iceland

mnapoli has added a photo to the pool:

Northern Lights in Iceland

Northern Lights in Reykjavik, Iceland.

That night, I witnessed the most intense auroras i've seen in Iceland. But my friends and I had dropped my car keys on the ground, so the time we spent looking for them the show was almost done. We did see some amazing things though.

Auroras are also known as the Northern Lights. They are due to the solar wind coming from the Sun and stopped by the Earth magnetic field. They can show up in different colors depending of the altitude : green being the most common, they can be pink, red, yellow blue or white.
You can witness these wonders of nature from September to April in Iceland.
As the photo can't show, they are not moving really fast (just like clouds moving in the wind).

If you live in Reykjavik and want to take pictures of Northern Lights, I highly recommend this location (see map) as you are close to the city, but no surrounded by any light, and you have the sea on each side.


Comments

  1. Hi, I am the owner of this photo. I want to remind you that the copyright on this photo is "All rights reserved".

    You are not allowed to use it. Remove it from your website.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please know also that I flagged your blog to blogspot because you are hiding their "navbar", allowing visitors to flag your content.

    I will be taking any necessary action in order to solve this matter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment